Vegan and Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake
Chocolate cake is a staple in most homes. Whether you prefer buying gluten free cake frozen, from a mix or creating it more from scratch, try our easy to make at home gluten free chocolate cake that is also easily made as a vegan chocolate cake. We do not believe in stressful cooking, but fun and enjoyable ways to learn how to bake or cook and then indulge! Hope ya love using our gluten free all purpose baking flour that is also top 9 allergen free.
2 cups The Greater Knead's gluten-free all-purpose flour
1 cup oat flour (sub almond flour or choice)
1 1/3 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
½ cup date sugar
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon or 1 vanilla bean
1 ¼ cups water
1 cup dairy-free milk
¼ cup + 2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare two 9-inch round cake pans as follows: coat with oil then line the bottom with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients: flours, cocoa powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, date sugar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl or stand mixer, whisk together all wet ingredients: cinnamon/vanilla, water, milk, oil, and maple syrup. Whisk until well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk until fully combined. Make sure no flour patches remain and that your scrap down the bowl when needed.
- Pour the batter evenly into the prepared cake pans. If needed, tap the pans several times on your countertop, not too hard though to splatter, to even out the batter and release bubbles that have formed.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes. You can test for doneness with a toothpick—insert at the center and it should come out clean or as crumbs when done. If it comes out liquidy, you need extra time to cook.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 25 minutes.
- Use a butter knife to cut around the interior edges of the cake pan to loosen the cake. Place a large plate upside down, on top of one cake pan. Grasping both the pan and the plate tightly, flip the cake onto the plate. Repeat with the second layer.
- Allow cake to cool completely before frosting and decorating.