TGK Fried Chicken
This gluten free fried chicken recipe may just amaze everyone on the planet. And it's top 9 allergen free fried chicken. Yes! This means, those with common food allergies can enjoy deep fried crispy fried chicken, too. Once you bite into this crunchy fried chicken you'll have a go to, well needed, gluten-free fried chicken recipe for many meal occasions to last a life time. Enjoy!
- 2 cups The Greater Knead flour blend
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 4 pounds chicken pieces (can do all breasts to make tenders or some bone in pieces too)
- 1/2-3/4 cup water
- frying oil (vegetable, 100% olive oil- not extra virgin, or oil of your choosing)
- Mix together flour, paprika, salt and pepper.
- Divide the flour mixture into two bowls.
- In one of the bowls add water, about 1/2 a cup, you can add more if needed. The goal is to make a batter to coat the chicken.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the batter and then coat in the dry flour mixture, repeat until you’ve coated all pieces. Now you are ready to get cooking! There are 3 cooking options that follow.
Heat oil to 375 degrees. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 5-6 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on rack or paper towels.
(this works best with chicken tenders as the bone in chicken may take a while to cook throughout so just be careful of that and adjust the cooking time) Heat oil in pan, about 1/2 inch, adding more if necessary. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 6-8 minutes on each side or until golden brown and juices run clear. Drain on rack or paper towels.
Preheat oven to 350 and bake 30 minutes, then turn pieces over and bake for another 30 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear. Remove from oven and drain on rack or paper towels.