Gluten Free Veggie Burger on Bagel with Creamy Chipotle Sauce
Every home chef needs a go to veggie burger, seriously! It's a legit meal, full of flavor when you're eating less meat or no meat, like many of us. Made with delicious gluten free and allergen free options your veggie burger on The Greater Knead bagel can be swapped in for Meatless Monday or a regular pending your lifestyle. Tell a friend and enjoy!
- 4 The greater knead bagels
Vegetables for topping (lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices of your choice)
- 4 medium sized potatoes, boiled, peeled, and mashed
- 1 cup peas, thawed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup black beans, drained, rinsed, and mashed
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup corn starch
- Oil for pan frying or deep frying.
- 1/2cupGreek yogurt
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 1-2small chipotles in adobo
- 1cloveof garlic
- 1 tbsp lime Juice
- Salt to taste
For the veggie patty
For Chipotle sauce
- Mix all the patty ingredients in a big bowl.
- Portion 4 burgers and form into patties.
- Shallow fry or deep fry patties until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
- Sauce - Combine all the ingredients in the blender or mini-food processor. Mix until you have smooth creamy sauce. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble the burger – spread some chipotle sauce on toasted bagels, layer the toppings and patty. Enjoy!