Gluten Free Vegetarian Bagel Strata
One of a kind gluten free veggie strata is out of this world, delicious! Surprise your friends during book night, game night, date night, Friendsgiving or family fun with a dish that is as beautiful as it is tasty. Made fresh with premium veggie forward ingredients, for any type of flexitarian at the table. The Greater Knead Tomato Basil Bagels add a very unique special chewy touch to a satisfying veggie dish.
4 The Greater Knead bagels, cut into small cubes
2 cups Onion, diced
3 cups kale, chopped
1 cup red bell pepper, diced
1 tbsp Garlic minced
2 Cups Gruyere, Asiago, or Cheddar cheese, shredded (or dairy free alternative)
5 Eggs, beaten (or use egg replacer)
2 Cups Milk of choice
1 tsp Dijon-style Mustard
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat; add onions and red peppers and cook, stirring often, until soft, about 5 minutes. Add kale and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes longer. Add garlic, salt, pepper and remove from heat.
- Place half of bread cubes in even layer in baking dish, then top with half of vegetable mixture and half of cheese. Add remaining bread cubes, then remaining vegetables and cheese.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your eggs, milk, mustard, salt, and pepper. Pour eggs over mixture in your baking dish. Use the back of a spoon to push everything down and make sure all your bread pieces are wet. Top with remaining cheese. Either refrigerate to soak overnight or cook immediately
- Bake uncovered for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.