This hot sandwich is truly a special option often found at a restaurant. Gluten Free Tuna Melt Bagel melts are one of the best and satisfying options for lunch. Made with tuna and melted Swiss cheese under the broiler for a warm and delightful mouth explosion. If you haven't had a hot tuna melt your life is about to change, for the better!
Gluten Free Toppings and Add-ons
In our Gluten Free Tuna Melt, the ingredients always matter! Choose your favorite tuna fish in olive oil, celery, garlic, dill, fresh lemon, micro greens, salt and pepper. Pending your fondness of "mayonnaise" we recommend more or less the recipe recommendation for creaminess as some prefer more lemon than mayo and that's up to YOU.
If you do not consume any types of fish this won't be a recipe for you. However, we are always thinking of our friends who are on one or more of the free from dietary journey. Many of the plant-based vegan tuna, salmon, caviar, scallops, squid, crab and shrimp alternatives have already entered the market. We do not recommend one over the other, but we'd encourage you you substitute and enjoy! Let us know if it comes out well by tagging @GlutenFreeBagel on Instagram and leave a review at the top of this page. Thank you!
Gluten Free Tuna Melt Bagel
- 2 (6-ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- 2 The Greater Knead Plain Bagels
- 3 celery stalks, finely diced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced dill
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Kosher or fine sea salt
- Black pepper
- 8 slices Swiss Cheese
- 1 ounce microgreens
- Flake the tuna into a medium mixing bowl. Add the celery, green onion, dill, lemon juice, and mayonnaise and mix well with a fork. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toast the bagel halves in the toaster and preheat the broiler.
- Spread a quarter of the tuna mixture on each bagel half, top each with one slice of cheese, then the other, rotating it a quarter turn so the tuna will be totally covered when the cheese melts.
- Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes (watch closely) or until the cheese is fully melted. Top with microgreens and serve immediately.