Pizza on a bagel? oh, yes! It's as natural as apple pie or yogurt with fruit and granola, pb&j, or a high five :) The Greater Knead recipe team had been thinking about this pizza recipe accommodated for awhile. To be fully gluten free with a caprese pizza recipe we customized it further for a bite size NY style bagel on a plain bagel, everything bagel or tomato basil bagel. However, it can pair just as good if not better on an onion bagel, garlic bagel, etc.
We suggest that you simply choose your favorite The Greater Knead bagel, which is purposefully made dense and chewy, and holds all of your favorite toppings like melted cheese (dairy or vegan cheese), tomatoes, minced garlic, basil and drizzly balsamic vinegar if ya seek a little extra flavor. The flavor our this gluten free pizza bagel is fantastic and worth the few minutes of prep and baking time, you'll probably want this on your weekly Friday recipe list.
Pizza bagels can be made for lunch and dinner as well. Broaden your taste buds, showing versatility that gluten free bread and gluten free bagels are quite similar when you have the best ingredients and superior flavor! We anticipate that you will enjoy it and ask you to review our recipes, share with friends and family, and feel free to post and tag The Greater Knead @GlutenFreeBagel social media.
Remember to share, hehe, and you can scale this recipe for not just yourself, but everyone at the table. Invite family and friends into your creative recipe endeavors and Eat Confidently!
Gluten Free Caprese Pizza Bagel
- 3 The Greater Knead bagels, halved, and lightly toasted
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
8 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced (or alternative)
- Handful of fresh basil
3 hefty cups loosely packed basil leaves
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup Parmigiano Reggiano (optional)
2 peeled garlic cloves
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
2 tbsp lemon juice
Salt and crushed black pepper to taste
- Make the Balsamic glaze - Heat the Balsamic Vinegar in a small saucepan on low for 5-6 minutes. Stir occasionally until the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lay out your bagel’s halves on the pan.
- Brush the bagel slices lightly with olive oil and spread some minced garlic.
- Layer the mozzarella and tomato slices on top and put the sheet pan in the oven. Bake for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Keep an eye on it so your bagels don’t burn.
- Remove from the oven and top with a couple of fresh basil leaves and a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Make the Pesto – In a food processor, combine the Basil, pine nuts, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and pulse until well chopped. With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse until combined. Add the Parmigiano Reggiano (optional), if using, and pulse to briefly combine. Refrigerate until ready to assemble the bagel pizza or as a separate topping..