Gluten Free Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding Crumble
Warm savory with a touch of sweetness and peppermint are just some of the descriptors that your taste buds will experience today. Our gluten free chocolate bread pudding also has a crumble topping that will excite every lucky participant of this hearty gluten free dessert. It's also very simple to make ya can't mess this one up despite the list of ingredients. Have fun and bake this baby up for yourself, family, friends and wherever desserts are needed :)
- 3 The Greater Knead Bagels, cubed
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups cocoa powder
½ cup dark chocolate chips (or choice of sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 tbsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 stick cold salted butter cubed
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats, crushed slightly
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4-5 Peppermint candies, crushed
Chocolate Peppermint Bread Pudding
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Pour bagel cubes in a greased 9x13 casserole dish (or whichever size you have) and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, and peppermint extract. Pour egg mixture over the bread. Cover dish and set in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Prepare the crumble - combine all ingredients in a bowl. Use fingertips to combine, rubbing slightly to bring together.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then add crumble topping and bake for an additional 20 -25 minutes.