Gluten Free Banana Nut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cookies rule the world, just admit. They are probably America's favorite food, or a close second. The best part about our gluten free cookie recipes are that they are made from our all purpose gluten free baking flour that we sell on our website. Specifically, this gluten free banana nut butter cookie recipe can be made top 9 allergen free with a minor substitute of the nuts of choice. Bake cookies for yourself or family and friends and you'll get that knowing look (wink) that you just nailed a cookie recipe of the year! Leave us a rating if you enjoyed them.
- 2 ¼ cups The Greater Knead’s All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup palm shortening
- ½ cup nut butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 banana
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, add the shortening, nut butter, light brown sugar, egg, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Slice up the banana and add to the mixture. Pulse until mashed and combined into the batter.
- While mixing at a medium-low speed, slowly add in the flour. Once all the flour is added into the bowl, up the speed and beat until smooth and thickened. Fold in the chocolate chips until evenly distributed throughout.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper. Line the pan with tablespoon-sized balls of cookie dough.
- Bake for 12 minutes. When removing from the oven, using a spatula, lightly press down on the cookies to help flatten them out.
- Allow to slightly cool on the pan before transferring them to a wire rack.