Gluten Free Apple Pie Bagel
Every home chef must have a gluten free apple pie bagel recipe. Not everyone has the means to bake a true apple pie crust as well so instead, we showcase how to bake a yummy apple pie and add them into a hearty bagel sandwich. With just the right balance of sweet and savory your dessert for breakfast satisfaction receptors will reach the moon. Please share! This recipe is gluten free and top 9 allergen free.
2 The Greater Knead Snickerdoodle Bagel
1 Gala apple, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (or choose your favorite apples)
1 1/2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
3 tablespoons date sugar
2 tablespoons maple sugar
⅓ cup date sugar
3 tablespoons The Greater Kneads All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the frozen bagels and evenly spread them out on the sheet. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the apple slices with lemon or lime juice.
- Add the sugars, syrup, flour, and cinnamon to the bowl and toss to coat. Allow the apples to sit for about 5 to 10 minutes in the sugar and spice mixture so that they release more juices.
- Remove the bagels from the oven and spoon the apple filling onto the heated up bagels. Place back in the oven and bake for another 5 to 10 minutes.
- Allow the bagels to cool enough for you to pick them up, but still warm enough to resemble an apple pie!