When was the last time you made a crepe? Seriously...Holy moly shmoly our gluten free crepe recipe is a guarantee drool worthy recipe that you can adapt at home. We started with our 1-for-1 gluten-free and top 9 allergen-free all purpose baking flour. It's truly a terrific combination flour to bake with especially for delicate delicious apple cinnamon crepes of all sorts. Occasionally, we also love to splash a few other combination flours pending your desired baking finished dish or if you are looking to add other nutrient dense ingredients.
If you ask 10 friends 9 of them probably will say they don't eat crepes regularly or never at them at all. So what if we are not in France. Let's get creative in the kitchen and ensure our food is always gluten-free and top 9 allergen free :)
Our crepes recipe uses eggs and milk but you can easily substitute for vegan counterparts and still obtain awesome texture and flavor a crepe should be. Experiment and live it up as you will love crepes as much as we all do here at The Greater Knead.
Our gluten free baking flour is also a top 9 allergen free, non-gmo, vegan plant based. It's important for us to create products for as many people as possible who are on one or more allergen free journeys. It's not easy and we know it. It was created and perfected for you out there on your unique and special dietary lifestyle to create as many of your favorite recipes from the past safely at home. Whether you are dairy free, vegan, nut free or tree nut free, etc, this is a flour for everyone to utilize at home.
After you try this crepes recipe with apples and cinnamon or your favorite ingredients, please let us know with a positive review on this page. Next, share it on social and with friends and tag The Greater Knead @glutenfreebagel for other chefs at home of all levels to try as well.
Gluten Free Apple Cinnamon Crepes
- 1 cup The Greater Knead gluten free flour blend
- 1 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups whole milk or Almond milk
2 large eggs (or substitute)
1 tsp Vanilla extract
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 apples peeled, cored, and chopped
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cups whole milk or plant-based milk
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1.5 tsp cinnamon
- In a blender, combine the flour, sugar, salt, milk, and eggs. Blend until smooth. Scrape the sides and add the melted butter. Blend again until smooth. Refrigerate the batter for 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a 10-inch nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Take the crepe batter out of the fridge and give it a whisk.
- Once the pan is preheated, increase the heat to medium. Using a paper towel, rub the oil over the bottom of the pan. Pour in ⅓ cup of the batter and immediately swirl the pan to evenly coat the bottom.
- Cook the crepe until the edges are browned and the bottom is golden, about 30-60 seconds. Using a spatula, loosen the edge of the crêpe, then use your fingers to flip it over. Cook until golden on the other side, about 15 seconds.
- Transfer the crêpe to a wire rack. Repeat with rest of batter, stacking the crêpes on top of one other as they’re finished.
- For the apple filling, add all ingredients to a skillet or saucepan and stir (without heat). Then turn on the heat and bring the mixture to a boil. Let simmer for a few minutes over low/medium heat.
- Place a few tsp of filling onto each crepe, roll it up and serve with a sprinkle of some cinnamon sugar.