"Free-From" Sticky Bites
Sweet cinnamon, sugar and The Greater Knead bagels, make up this super sweet gluten free Sticky Bites. Pairs super duper well with choice of Ice Cream (dairy free). You'll love this gluten-free dessert.
- 4 Greater Knead French Toast bagels, thawed and cut into large cubes
- ¼ c. organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ c. hot tap water
- 6 tbsp. Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread
- ¾ c. lightly packed brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Thaw bagels according to package directions and cut into large cubes (approx. 1 ½ inches).
- Place cubed bagels in a mixing bowl and drizzle with ½ cup hot tap water. Gently toss with a spatula to coat. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.*
- In a small sauce pot, add butter and brown sugar on medium heat. Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes until sugar is dissolved, butter is melted and you start to see tiny bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cane sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour over the bagels and toss to coat.
- Add bagels to a greased bread pan.
- Pour brown sugar butter mixture evenly over the bagels and use the back of a spoon or spatula to press bagels down.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving to let the sauce set. This will help bagels soften to mimic the use of a raw dough in traditional monkey bread. Recipe courtesy of @Glutenfreejess