"Free-From" Monkey Bagel Bake
This gluten free Monkey Bagel Bake recipe is for the chocolate chip savory dessert fans out there. You can practically pull it apart or just slice it to be safe, haha. Gluten Free Monkey bread will make regular appearances at your brunch, lunch or after dinner dessert table for all occasions. It's very easy to make, too. Don't knock it until you try it! This dessert recipe can be made without the top 9 allergens.
- 4 Greater Knead Plain bagels
- 1 overripe banana, mashed very well
- 2 c. unsweetened vanilla flax or rice milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Grease a 2.5 qt. baking dish.
- Thaw the bagels according to directions on package, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the cut bagels into the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, and flax meal. Mix until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture over the bagels. Make sure all bagels are covered with the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, let the baking dish sit out for 20 minutes to avoid placing a cold baking dish into the hot oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the bagels.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until the French toast is set.
- Let the bake stand for 15 minutes before cutting into or serving. Recipe courtesy of Jessica from @glutenfreejessblog.