Avocado Bagel Trees
Sometimes it's okay to play with your food! We love avocado so much for it's rich and creamy taste and nutrition that we decorated it on The Greater Knead bagels (you can choose your favorite flavor). Slice and spread them to create a holiday Christmas tree bagel for everyone in the family to enjoy, giggle and then eat! Follow these super simple prep and instructions for your gluten free bagel tree recipe that is also top 9 allergen free if you make slight adjustments to remove the salmon.
1 The Greater Knead Plain bagel
Dairy-free cream cheese
Half a ripe avocado
- Prepare the bagel as instructed on the package.
- In the meantime, thinly slice the avocado. Use some of the slices to cut triangles, lines, and circles for decorating the ornament-themed bagel. Also prepare the smoked salmon, cutting in both thin and thick slices.
- Let the bagel cool for a couple of minutes before decorating. Start by spreading a light layer of cream cheese.
- For the bagel wreath, arrange the thinly sliced avocado around the bagel, placing the tip of the slices at the edge of the bagel hole and letting the remaining hang off the bagel. Do this until the entire bagel is covered. Then, using a knife, cut the parts of the avocado hanging off the bagel, making a clean circle.
- To create the bow for the wreath, use two thin slices of smoked salmon Cut one in half to make the loops for the bow, placing on the lower part of the bagel, a little below the bagel hole. With the second slice, place right underneath the loops in an upside-down “U” shape, letting some hang off the edge of the bagel.
- For the ornament bagel, decorate using the slices of salmon and avocado, arranging how you like your ornament to look.