Gluten Free Everything Bagel Casserole
Craving a warm hearty casserole? Yes. We all do :) This gluten free everything bagel casserole joins meat or faux meat with a breakfast favorite. Made with bacon or you can substitute an alternative for a savory spiced gluten free breakfast to wow your family or friends. Warning, you may not be able to eat just one bite.
4 The Greater Knead Everything Bagels (1 package)
8 oz. bacon, cooked and diced (or meat alternative)
2 cups dairy-free cheese, shredded
6 large eggs (or egg alternatives)
2 cups dairy-free milk
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Chives for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Open the frozen bagels and evenly spread them out on the sheet. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, or until softened.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, and spices. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Cut the cooked and cool bagels into 1-inch cubes. Add half of the bagel cubes to the greased round 1.5-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with half of the bacon and 1 cup of cheese.
- For the second layer, add the remaining bagel cubes, the rest of the bacon, and the last cup of cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bagels, making sure to cover all of them.
- Cover the casserole dish and place in the oven to bake for 40 minutes. Then remove the cover and continue to bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with chives and enjoy!