“Free-From” Panzanagel Salad
Prepare to blow the mind of your dinner table. This inspirational Italian style Panzanella Salad is made from delightful avocado oil soaked The Greater Knead bagels, juicy vine riped tomatoes, garlic, onion and herbs. Did you know that this salad was thought to be a way to utilize stale bread/bagels but can certainly be used in today's manner with any breads. Add protein of choice, too. This recipe can be made without the top 9 allergens.
4 Greater Knead Plain bagels
- 1/2 c. avocado oil
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 4 large vine tomatoes, cut into cubes or wedges
- 1 1/4 c. thinly sliced red onions
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 c. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. Italian extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c. freshly chopped basil
For The Croutons:
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Microwave the bagels slightly to thaw (60-90 seconds)
- Slice the bagels into chunks, and arrange on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bagel chunks are crisp and slightly browned.
- Pull the bagels from the oven, and let them cool for 15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, bagels and onions.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the garlic, vinegar and extra virgin olive oil.
- Pour liquid mixture over the bagel salad and sit for 30 minutes.
- Add the basil, season with salt and pepper to taste.