What is branola? Well, granola is a common breakfast and even a snack made from safe gluten free purity protocol rolled oat. We've added small pieces of The Greater Knead bagels to add more dense and chewy textures which helps satisfy. Now you can add a few extra top 9 allergen bagels of your choice to make it a branola. We love The Greater Knead bagels combined with a mixture of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia, etc mixed and baked until it is crisp, toasted and golden brown, baby! If able you could add additional nuts or tree nuts if not allergic.
1 c. gluten-free purity protocol rolled oats
- 1 Greater Knead Plain bagel, thawed and cut into very small pieces
- ½ c. pumpkin seeds
- ¼ c. roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼ c. avocado oil
- ¼ c. sugar
- ¼ tsp Himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Thaw bagel according to package directions and cut into very small pieces (approx ¼ inch).
- Add bagels, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, and oats to a mixing bowl.
- Add avocado oil and sugar to a small sauce pot. Heat over medium low until the oil is melted and sugar starts to combine.*
- Once melted, pour into mixing bowl and toss all ingredients with a spatula to combine.
- Pour in an even layer on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 15 minutes and then gently stir.
- Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Be careful not to over bake, or the bagels will become too crunchy. They will continue to harden/dry slightly after removing from the oven. *If you use organic white cane sugar it will not melt into the oil and you will get a crunchy sugar texture as pictured in photos. If you use brown sugar it will be a smoother mixture. Recipe courtesy of @GlutenfreeJess.