- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Thaw bagels according to package directions and cut into large cubes (approx. 1 ½ inches).
- Place cubed bagels in a mixing bowl and drizzle with ½ cup hot tap water. Gently toss with a spatula to coat. Let stand for at least 5 minutes.*
- In a small sauce pot, add butter and brown sugar on medium heat. Stir continuously for 4-5 minutes until sugar is dissolved, butter is melted and you start to see tiny bubbles. Remove from heat.
- Combine the cane sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Pour over the bagels and toss to coat.
- Add bagels to a greased bread pan.
- Pour brown sugar butter mixture evenly over the bagels and use the back of a spoon or spatula to press bagels down.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving to let the sauce set. This will help bagels soften to mimic the use of a raw dough in traditional monkey bread. Recipe courtesy of @Glutenfreejess
- 4 Greater Knead French Toast bagels, thawed and cut into large cubes
- ¼ c. organic cane sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ c. hot tap water
- 6 tbsp. Earth Balance Soy Free Buttery Spread
- ¾ c. lightly packed brown sugar
There are no products in the cart!