- Grease a 2.5 qt. baking dish.
- Thaw the bagels according to directions on package, and cut into 1 inch pieces.
- Place the cut bagels into the bottom of the baking dish in an even layer.
- In a mixing bowl, add mashed banana, milk, cinnamon, salt, brown sugar, and flax meal. Mix until well combined.
- Pour liquid mixture over the bagels. Make sure all bagels are covered with the liquid.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to bake, let the baking dish sit out for 20 minutes to avoid placing a cold baking dish into the hot oven.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top of the bagels.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes until the French toast is set.
- Let the bake stand for 15 minutes before cutting into or serving. Recipe courtesy of Jessica from @glutenfreejessblog.
- 4 Greater Knead Plain bagels
- 1 overripe banana, mashed very well
- 2 c. unsweetened vanilla flax or rice milk
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips