"Free-From" Moroccan Carrot Dip
- 2 c. roasted or steamed carrots (3 raw cups)
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 c. diced yellow onion
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1/4 c. vegetable broth + more if needed
- 3 tbsp fauxhini + more to taste (see recipe in “Dips” section)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice + more to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 c. chopped cilantro
- In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic with a pinch of salt for about 3-5 minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Place the broth, cooked carrots, fauxhini, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne, and salt into your food processor. Take the cooked onions and garlic, and then add it to the mixture in the food processor.
- Blend for 30 to 60 seconds until smooth. If you periodically need to scrape the sides of the processor, do so with a spatula. Adjust the fauxhini, lemon juice, broth and salt to taste.
- Transfer to a container to let the dip chill in the refrigerator for an hour. Serve with your favorite bagels chips and enjoy!